Senin, 31 Juli 2017

What I Did When I Got Insomnia

Assalaamu'alaykum!

For the 12th English Collaborative Blogging, just like two weeks ago, we will write a post based on 4 random words. Thus, there are lots of possible topics we would write based on them. It's challenging. 💪

~~~

I am not a sleepyhead. I can sleep 5 hours a day and it's enough. I rarely take a nap in the afternoon, and when I do, I can still sleep at night without problem, although I can stay up longer than without an afternoon nap.

However, sometimes it's hard to sleep at night. Closing my eyes make me uncomfortable. This is what everyone calls Insomnia.

Insomnia, according to guidelines from a physician group, is difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, even when a person has the chance to do so. People with insomnia can feel dissatisfied with their sleep and usually experience one or more of the following symptoms: fatigue, low energy, difficulty concentrating, mood disturbances, and decreased performance in work or at school. (sleepfoundation.org)

I have insomnia occasionally. I experienced it a night before my wedding, before an exam, or when I feel anxious. The National Sleep Foundation stated that this is an acute insomnia, a brief insomnia that happens because of life circumstances.


But I won't write further about insomnia because this is not my field and I don't want to write something I don't have a deep knowledge about it. I just want to share about how I deal with my acute insomnia.

How I deal with it?

I did everything that usually make me fall asleep or something I hated to do.

clock
Credit: Pixabay

1. Drink a Cup of Milk

Drinking milk made my head a little bit dizzy, especially the chocolate-flavoured one, I don't know why. But it helps me sleep. Warm or cold have the same effect.

I will skip this, though, when I have no ready-to-serve milk or hot water. I am too lazy to boil water in the night ^^'

Read Mbak Diah's:

2. Read a Book

A book full of words and no picture such as historical or philosophical books works great. This kind of book will make me fall asleep quite fast, not like a comic that will make me awake all night.

I have a lot of books without illustrations in my home and barely finished them because I get bored easily.

If I am too lazy to grab a book, I did the third method.

bed
Credit: Pixabay

3. Crying

LOL.

But I am being serious here. Crying made me tired and help me fall asleep. I can do it without get up from the bed. And it's not hard to cry in the time like this. Unable to sleep when I want to sleep is a good reason to cry. I will suddenly fall asleep because of tiredness.

4. Pray

When I did everything but still unable to sleep, the last thing I can do is praying, asking for His help to ease my mind, because this only happens when I have something in mind.

~~~

Being able to sleep tight every night is the best. Sleeping charges our stamina, so we can do our best the next day.

How about you? What would you do when you can't sleep?

Let's share!

~~~

Reference:

https://sleepfoundation.org/insomnia/content/what-is-insomnia

2 komentar:

  1. What? crying? what a methode .

    but, hey, that reminds me of my children. they will go asleep quickly after having a bad cry.

    BalasHapus

Kindly share your thought here!
Please do not leave any links on the comment section.

Thank you! ^^

COPYRIGHT © 2017 | THEME BY RUMAH ES